Terms and conditions
By using this tool you agree to these terms and conditions.
Responsibility for the tool
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) runs this tool.
We try to make sure the information we provide is accurate and complete and the tool is always available and virus free.
The MoJ accepts no liability for:
- you being unable to access the tool (for example due to high demand or because we've taken it down for maintenance)
- indirect damages arising from you using the tool or relying on its content
- the content and availability of external websites that link to the tool or which link from it
Linking from the tool
The tool links to websites that are managed by other government departments and agencies, service providers or other organisations. We do not have any control over the content on these websites.
We’re not responsible for:
- the protection of any information you give to these websites
- any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites, or any other websites they link to
You agree to release us from any claims or disputes that may come from using these websites.
You should read all terms and conditions, privacy policies and end user licences that relate to these websites before you use them.
This tool is currently in ‘private beta’. This means you’re looking at the first version of it.
Something that's in ‘private beta’ isn’t open to everyone or may not work for everyone. We do this so we can test and make improvements before releasing it to more people.
Scotland and Northern Ireland
Some parts of this tool only apply to England and Wales. For example, if you want to go to court the process will be different in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
We do not publish legal advice on the tool. You may need professional legal advice before taking legal action.
While we make every effort to keep the tool up to date, we do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- free from bugs or viruses
You may require professional or specialist advice before taking action on the basis of the content.
We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using the tool. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- the use of the tool and any websites that are linked to or from it
- the inability to use the tool and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments -business
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time